Senior Product Designer
London, United Kingdom Permanent TravelUp to £75,000Ref: 134
The Covid crisis means the travel industry landscape has changed, and our client is helping hotels in their greatest time of need. The company's unique industry data set, combined with their new digital marketing tools has positioned them to accelerate their impact in 2020 and beyond, now is an ideal time to join this well funded, technology business.
With offices in London, New York, Barcelona and Singapore, they are gearing up for their next stage of growth. They operate in small cross-functional teams, so you'll be working closely with a squad of Engineers, Product Managers and Data Scientists in rapid, iterative development cycles. This is an empowering environment and gives autonomy to these squads, you'll be expected to help drive the design strategy, tactics and deliver outcomes.
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join the product-engineering team in London and lead the design of the new growth opportunity for the business. If you’re excited about designing and actually shipping functional products, if you're passionate about excellent user experience, and you're driven by owning customer and commercial outcomes, we'd love to hear from you.
- Leading design projects across the entire lifecycle from ideation to shippable solutions
- Running research sessions, sketching, user flows, wire-framing, prototyping and creating hi-fidelity designs
- Validating designs by running usability testing sessions
- Performing qualitative research both internally and externally to inform design decisions
- Analysing data to extract insights
- Partnering closely with engineering, product, and the business to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Working efficiently across multiple projects and strategies
- Championing design across the entire organisation
You, the Senior Product Designer:
- 5 + years experience in design (flexible)
- Experience within an in-house role developing and iterating web based applications, covering both UX and UI
- Questioning how products/processes work and thinking how they could be improved.
- Empathetic, placing the user at the centre of everything you do
- Logical thinker, using a scientific approach to solving problems
- Eager to learn and share knowledge, not only with the design team but also the wider business
- Strong aptitude for research, and also capable in all parts of the design process from interaction to visual design
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficient user of Figma (or Sketch)
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry and experience working with Data scientists is a bonus